Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jalapeño Dilema

Everyday I go to Hubble North and get in the sub line to order a turkey sub with all the usual toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, green peppers, mayo etc. Then I find myself always asking for jalapeños. Today, I thought about this behavior and asked why I do this? Come to think of it I don't even like hot food. I usually ended up sweating profusely and seem to never enjoy my sub. Every time I subconsciously just gravitate towards jalapeños. I believe the thinking behind this behavior can be explained by learning theories. As I thought about this I thought back to my early years when I started putting jalapeños on my subs, I have concluded that this behavior was very socially constructed which can be connected to social learning theory. I think I started doing this to be sort of a “more knowledgeable peer”, I thought for some reason that putting unique toppings on my sub made me some sort of sandwich connoisseur. I know this is really stupid, but I probably did this because it looked “grown up” and cool to put a lot of exotic toppings on my sub in front of your friends. This schema was formed, and I haven’t taken the effort to change it yet (cvt).

No comments:

Post a Comment